Seeking Experienced Construction Estimator
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join a well-established, industry leading Construction Company that offers great growth potential and a rewarding career. In this position, you will be responsible for leading the preparation of complete estimates/ proposals in addition to identifying opportunities for risk.
We are looking to invest in you and give you a place to develop your full potential. You need to be a self-motivated and internally driven individual with a long term commitment to yourself and this company. In return, we will invest and develop you so you can build a career, and not just have a job. Please submit your resume, your list of representative projects, and success rate on bidding to demonstrate requisite experience.
• Project and controls construction costs by collecting and studying information; controlling construction costs.
• Experience with preparing and analyzing plans & specification and provide material take-offs
• Lead the preparation of thorough, accurate and timely estimates, including the preparation of bid documents and the development of clear written proposals and correspondence
• Prepares and summarizes task and sub task estimates, including rate and unit cost determination
• Ability to budget and negotiate with subcontractors.
• Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
• Reviewing specifications and drawings to determine the content to estimate.
• Preparing cost estimates by calculating take off.
• Create detailed cost estimate base on project scope
• Prepare scope of work for sub-contractors
• Negotiate prices with vendors/sub-contractors using quotations for materials /services
Coordinate with the Owners, project managers and supervisors to provide engineering and cost data
• Prepare RFI's.
• Maintain all files of all working documents as back up for estimating data base.
Analyzing Information , Developing Budgets, Vendor Relationships, Reporting Skills, Estimating, Decision Making, Teamwork, Documentation Skills, Quality Focus
• Great interpersonal skills along with strong analytical and problem solving skills are vital.
• A stable career history is vital.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Above average proficiency in using estimating and scheduling software as well as financial spreadsheets is expected.
• Minimum of 10 years estimating experience in commercial construction.
• Construction Management, Engineering or Business related degree required.
• Knowledge of the New Jersey, New York & Pennsylvania construction market with projects ranging from $50k - $10M.